United Women in Faith (UWF) News
Daytime Circle meeting plans
Dec. 12, 2023 @ 12 noon – Weatherford Pioneer Center – 1000 Gartrell Blvd. – Activity Room
The local gathering for December will have an emphasis on sharing the joy of Christmas! Each person attending is asked to bring a wrapped Christmas ornament for a gift exchange between the people at the meeting. In addition, attendees are asked to bringing the following which will be taken to the Women’s Shelter in Clinton – (1) Personal care items for Women, (2) Package wrapping supplies – paper & gift boxes, tape, bows, and (3) an offering which will help get gift cards for the women to shop for their children. The ladies can then shop for their children and prepare the gifts for their children for Christmas. If you have some tasty holiday finger foods that you want to share, please bring a sample. At the meeting, we will divide up the Weatherford GEMS list and delivery the gifts of lotions that have been prepared for them.
Our Neighbor – Our Sister!
Thank you to the members of UWF who provided the food items and delivered the Thanksgiving Meal to the Women’s Shelter in Clinton on Nov. 21, 2023. The turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes & gravy, salads, desserts and bread were much appreciated.
Thank you to Barbara Baxter for shepherding the mission project which obtained lotions for all the Corn Weatherford Long Term Care (LTC) residents plus our First UMC Weatherford GEMS. GEMS stands for Giving Experienced Methodists Support. This group includes individuals who are in assisted living, home-bound, or experiencing restrictions on getting out. The lotions will be delivered to the Corn-Weatherford LTC residents at their facility holiday party, and the GEMS will have their lotions delivered around Dec. 12th.
We are getting organized for 2024!
- Yearbook: During December, UWF-Weatherford Secretary Faye Henson is getting the yearbook organized for 2024 by confirming information for current members in the Daytime Circle unit, the At-Large/Electronically Connected Group, and the Honorary/Inactive Group. If you would to join or be added to the UWF Weatherford unit, send your name & contact info to Faye. (e-mail below)
- Officers: At the November meeting, the following were elected – Madella Shelton-President; Paige Craighead-Treasurer; and Faye Henson-Secretary.
- Daytime Circle – Weatherford Pioneer Center – 1000 Gartrell – 2nd Tuesday @ noon – save this time for UWF. Mark the dates and prioritize this as you set your schedule.
- Programs: Program topics and mission projects will make the meetings informative and productive plus is a supportive fellowship for women. Information will be shared so the At-Large & Electronically Connected Group can participate based on their schedule.
- Feedback to Faye (email@example.com) How can UWF help you feel included and supported at this time in your life – finding fellowship, spiritual growth, peaceful spaces, and a connection to the mission you feel called to serve? Let’s see what 2024 can bring